REDKEN Hair Director Matthew Jones share's his tips to recreate the signature feminine knotted bun, as seen in the GROUP SWIM Show at MBFWA 2016.
The textured style was created with Rootful 06 Root Lifting Spray and finished with Braid Aid 03 Hair Defining Cream.
“The knotted pony I created for the Group Swim Show was inspired by Amalfi’s easy glamour, and is geared to move effortlessly from the beach and into the night. POWDER GRIP 03 Mattifying Hair Powder created the lived-in, undone texture without weighing the hair down," explains Matt Jones, Artistic Director at Oscar Oscar Salons, Sydney.
CREATE THE LOOK
1. Mist ROOTFUL 06 Root Lifting Spray into the roots and mid-lengths to create lift and texture.
2. Directionally blow-dry hair back off the face with a high heat setting until completely dry, to create texturised fullness.
3. Push the hair back off the face and secure into a low pony at the base of the neck.
4. Work BRAID AID 03 Defining Lotion through the pony and twist until tight. Twist hair up and over the pony in a clockwise direction and secure into a twist using bobby pins.
5. Sprinkle POWDER GRIP 03 Mattifying Hair Powder into the front section, spray lightly with FASHION WORK 12 Versatile working Hairspray and use your fingers to create a lived-in, disheveled mood.
photography BEN VELLA @SHOOTEVERYTHING